Tonight has been described as Peace Corps Eve by the training staff here, and honestly, it doesn't so much feel like Christmas Eve as it does like a night of terror. My life is about to change in this way that I can't even imagine, and while I'm happy, there are a lot of other things going on too. There don't seem to be words to express the combination of things that are churning in my gut. Excitement and anxiety, and all the emotions that go along with them, are rumbling around and bubbling up like a nice hot stew. Beam your happy thoughts my way because I need them!
Apparently a blog is forever, since this one is still hanging out there. I could be using it to write about being a traveler, but that's been done and most of my thoughts should remain private anyway (they are *not* flattering). So I'm going to track my 2021 reading challenges instead because that's the only set of goals I'm really setting for myself this year. (2021 goal = have fewer goals.) League of Extraordinary Penpals It's a secret! This challenge is part of a penpal group that I pay to be in, so they don't want people sharing the challenge. I'm going to try to figure out how to review and track these books here without sharing the challenge in ways that aren't okay. For now, I'll just say that I'm tackling the Genre-tastic, Book Club, Around the World, Dewey Decimations, and Social Butterfly challenges, not all of which involve reading a book. Current point tally 4/5/21: 150 5 Countries I'm in an Around the World group on Goodreads ...
Comments
I'm going to keep checking to see what kind of exciting adventures you're having!
As I told you previously, I am incredibly envious of this adventure of yours. And though you say you are terrified, I have no doubt you will create for yourself a wonderful experience. As some say, we create our own reality. So envision friends instead of foes, banquets instead of botulism (sorry--my attempt at something resembling poetry) and enjoy!